The hull of the Hutton TLP - 2009
The Conoco Hutton TLP was the first tension leg platform. The hull was built at Highland Fabricators yard at Nigg on the Cromarty Firth, north Scotland in the early 1980s. The deck section was built at Mcdermott's yard at Ardersier, a few miles across the water, and the two were mated together in the Moray firth off Findhorn.
The hull has now returned to the firth, having been decommissioned. The deck section was removed in Murmansk, northern Russia. Pictures of the deck section can be seen in picture #84
and picture #1681
Picture added on 27 March 2009 at 08:37